Pina Colada Pork Chops with Tropical Fruit Salsa ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Jenn Tidwell in Summer 2016 Taste of Home magazine)
1 can (10 oz.) frozen pina colada mix, thawed and divided OR 1 cup of pina colada drink mix
2 to 4 boneless pork chops
Salt and cracked pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. lime juice
⅛ to ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. cold butter
- Place ¾ cup pina colada mix in shallow glass dish; add pork chops, turning to coat all sides; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper; grill, covered, over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side (let stand at least 5 minutes before serving).
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken broth, remaining pina colada mix (or ½ cup of pina colada mix), lemon and lime juices, and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil and cook uncovered until liquid is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes; remove from heat and whisk in butter 1 Tbsp. at a time until creamy.
1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and finely chopped
½ medium not-quite-ripe banana, peeled and finely chopped
1 small avocado, peeled and finely chopped
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. minced fresh cilantro (optional)
1 tsp. minced fresh basil (optional)
- Mix all salsa ingredients together.
- Serve pork chops with salsa and sauce; brown rice makes a nice accompaniment for this dish, and the sauce works well on the brown rice.