Buttermilk Berry Fritters ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from www.tasteofhome.com)
1 cup flour
¼ cup sugar
1½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ tsp. vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
Oil for deep-fat frying
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in dried cranberries.
- In electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F; drop batter by tablespoonful, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel-covered baking racks
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.