Curry Chicken Stew ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from tasteofhome.com)
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 tub Knorr concentrated chicken stock -or- 1 heaping Tbsp. Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. curry powder
½ to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ to ½ tsp. white pepper
5 Tbsp. dried minced onion
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium yellow pepper, diced
4 green onions, chopped (for garnish, if desired)
Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients and mix well.
- Place chicken breasts and yellow pepper in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour broth mixture over all.
- Cook, covered, on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and cool slightly; shred meat and return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Serve with hot rice, placing 1 cup of rice into each soup bowl, then filling the bowl with the stew.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.