Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Carolyn Collins on tasteofhome.com)
|Photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com|
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chunky salsa
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped –OR- 1 small can diced green chilies*
2 pkgs. Ready-to-serve Spanish rice
½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack)
2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic salt sparingly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides.
- Stir in beans, salsa, and chipotle pepper (or green chilies); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170° F.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve chicken dish with rice and garnish with cheese and cilantro/parsley.