Tom & Jerry Batter ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from cooks.com)
6 eggs, separated
¼ tsp. salt
½ lb. butter (2 sticks), room temperature
6 cups powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla, brandy, or rum flavoring (I prefer rum flavoring)
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. allspice
- Beat egg whites until stiff; add salt.
- Beat egg yolks until light.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar together, mixing until crumbly; add egg yolks and flavoring of choice and mix well.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Add egg whites and mix until well blended (using lowest setting possible on mixing to simulate folding).
- Will keep several weeks in the refrigerator; may be frozen, if covered.
- For each cup of hot water, use 1 heaping Tbsp. batter and at least 1 shot of rum (or brandy), top with a dash of nutmeg.