Grandmother’s Toad in the Hole ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Susan Kieboam on www.tasteofhome.com)
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
½ tsp. salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 12oz pkg. uncooked maple breakfast sausage links
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Butter and maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and salt together; add flour to mixture and whisk until well blended. Let stand while you prepare the sausage.
- Cook sausage over medium heat until done, turning often for even cooking; remove cooked sausages from pan and cut each link into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Place oil in 12-inch cast iron skillet; place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes to heat.
- Stir batter and pour into heated skillet; top with sausage pieces.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed.
- Cut into wedges to serve; if desired, serve with butter and maple syrup.*
* You may find that you don’t really need to butter, but do give the maple syrup a try!