Amy’s Chicken Tetrazzini ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Amy Tague, Lebanon, IN, in The Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cooking)
½ cup butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. white pepper
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp. cooking sherry
2 cups half & half
8 oz. cooked spaghetti
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 to 2 cups croutons or bread crumbs of your choice
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, salt, white pepper; cook until bubbly.
- Add broth, cooking sherry, and half & half; bring to a boil for one minute.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti, cubed chicken, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and mushrooms; mix well.
- Spread into lightly greased 9” x 13” baking pan; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and top with croutons/bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serves 6 to 8.