This has been a family staple for decades. The ingredients are something you usually have on hand, it's inexpensive, and it pretty much covers all the food groups except fruit.
1 10oz pkg. frozen green beans
1 1/2 cups cream sauce (I use Wondra flour's cream sauce recipe)
1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, pepper jack...whatever floats your boat)
about 1/2 package seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop franks into boiling water and heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove partially-cooked franks from water; cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook beans half the time directed on pkg.
- Make cream sauce, stirring in Worchestershire sauce.
- Stir franks and beans into cream sauce.
- Pour all into a 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with croutons; sprinkle grated cheese over croutons.
- Bake 30 minutes.