Instant Mini Pot Pies ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from a Campbell’s Soup ad)
1 can cream of whatever* soup
8 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (about 1½ cups), thawed
1½ cups diced meat (ham, turkey, or chicken), optional
¼ cup diced peppers (your choice), sautéed
1 pkg. refrigerated biscuits (large size, 8 biscuits)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Herbs/spices to taste:
Tumeric (just a dash of this)
*cream of chicken or cream of chicken w/mushroom (for meat version), cream of celery, broccoli, or asparagus (for veggie or meat version), cheddar cheese (for shredded cheddar cheese version)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Spray muffin cups in large-muffin pan (6-muffin size).
- Mix together soup, thawed veggies, meat, sautéed peppers, and herbs/spices.
- Using a rolling pin and a bit of flour, roll 6 of the biscuits into large, flat rounds; place 1 each in the 6 muffin cups to create the pot pie crust.
- Fill each cup with the soup/veggie mixture; if you are using the cheddar soup, sprinkle the top of each filled cup with shredded cheddar cheese and/or mix it with the soup/veggie mixture.
- Peel apart the remaining two muffins (as best you can) and use them as the “top” for the filled tins.
- Cook for 17 to 19 minutes or until biscuits are golden; let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
You can freeze the leftover individual pot pies and warm them up in the oven later.