Southwest Black Bean & Corn Quinoa ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Lindsay McSweeney in the Feb/Mar 2014 Simple & Delicious magazine)
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium red pepper, diced
1 celery rib, diced
2 tsp. chili powder
⅛ tsp. cumin
⅛ tsp. turmeric
⅛ tsp. coriander
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
Dried cilantro (or you can use fresh minced) to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onion, red pepper, celery, and seasonings; sauté and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in vegetable stock and frozen corn; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add black beans and cilantro, heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas.