Stovetop Tarragon Chicken ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Tina Westover on www.tasteofhome.com)
|Picture from Taste of Home|
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (≈5 oz. each)
2 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ pkg. julienned carrots (≈5 oz.)
½ lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cans (10¾ oz. each) condensed Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted
3 tsp. dried tarragon
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3 small squash, thinly sliced (zucchini, yellow, or combination)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with paprika.
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat; cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to pan; cook, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk soup, tarragon, and lemon juice until well blended; pour over vegetables.
- Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 8 minutes.
- Top with squash; cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165°F and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over cooked rice.