Curried Corn Chowder with Chicken ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Kendra Doss in Feb/Mar 2016 Simple & Delicious magazine)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
2 to 3 Tbsp. chopped garlic snapes (optional)
2½ tsp. curry powder
½ tsp. each salt and pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 to 2 tsp. dried parsley
½ to 1 tsp. each turmeric, basil, cumin (as desired)
4 to 5 cups frozen corn
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups chicken broth
½ cup milk
½ cup flour
2 to 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast (or 2 cans of chicken in water, drained)
- In a Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium heat; add onions and celery (and garlic snapes, if using them); cook and stir until veggies are tender.
- Stir in seasonings; cook 30 more seconds.
- Add in broth, corn, and potatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes (until potatoes are done).
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and flour together until smooth; stir into soup, bring soup back to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
Serve in bread bowls, or over rice, or with sliced artisan bread (which you can use as an eating utensil).