Low Country Grill ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Alaina Showalter on TasteOfHome.com)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1½ tsp. salt, divided
1½ tsp. garlic powder, divided
1½ tsp. seafood seasoning, divided
8 to 12 small red potatoes, quartered
½ green, red, yellow, and/or orange peppers (mixture thereof), cut into smallish chunks
½ cup butter, melted
1 lb. (or 1 large) polkas kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 medium ears corn, but in half
1 to 1½ pounds uncooked shrimp (8 to 12 large), peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with ½ tsp. each of salt, garlic powder, seafood seasoning; add potatoes and peppers; toss to coat; spoon into double-thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until tender, turning once; set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combined melted butter with remaining salt, garlic powder, and seafood seasoning; grill kielbasa and corn in grill pan, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and basting constantly, using half of the butter mixture; keep warm.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or wood-soaked skewers (4 per skewer); grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink, basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Depending on how many servings you have prepared, put a portion of the potato/pepper mixture, corn/kielbasa mixture, and shrimp on each plate. Enjoy!