Egg Basket Benedicts ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Sally Jackson in Apr/May 2015 Simple and Delicious)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
3 to 4 sliced Canadian bacon, chopped
1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into rectangle; cut into 6 equal squares.
- Place cut squares in greased large 6-cup muffin tin, pressing gently onto bottoms and up sides, allowing corners to point up.
- Break and slip an egg into each pastry cup; sprinkle with Canadian bacon.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until pasty is golden brown and egg whites are set (turn off oven after allotted backing time, but leave egg baskets in turned-off oven for another 2 to 3 minutes).
- While egg baskets are baking, prepare the hollandaise sauce per directions on package.
- Remove egg baskets to plates, covering each with warm hollandaise sauce, and top with fresh cracked pepper and Himalayan salt.