Chicken with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Jay-Lynn Baublitz in the 2013 Feb/Mar edition of Simple & Delicious magazine)
4 boneless chicken breast halves
Salt & pepper
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 small onion, diced
1 celery rib, diced
½ cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp. orange juice
¼ tsp. dried thyme leaves
½ cup jalapeno* pepper jelly (regular or fruit)
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. dried parsley
- Flatten chicken to ¼-inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in canola oil in large skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove cooked chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Sauté onion and celery in the same pan in the chicken leavings until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken broth, orange juice, and thyme; bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the pepper jelly (regular or a fruit-based jalapeno pepper jelly) until melted.
- Stir in butter and parsley, stirring until butter is melted.
- Add chicken back into pan, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
*You could also use a habanero-pepper jelly.