Chicken Piccata ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Giada De Laurentiis)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half (so you have 4 total pieces)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
All-purpose flour, for dredging
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
5 Tbps. Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
¼ to ½ tsp. rosemary (crushed if dry, minced if fresh)
¼ tsp. ground thyme (optional)
¼ tsp. white pepper (optional)
Juice of ½ lemon
½ c. chicken stock
¼ c. brined capers, rinsed and drained
⅓ c. fresh parsley, chopped (optional – for garnish)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter with 3 Tbsp. olive oil; when butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes; flip and cook other side of chicken for 3 minutes; remove cooked chicken and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more Tbsp. butter for add other 2 Tbsp. oil; when butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes; flip and cook other side of chicken for 3 minutes; remove cooked chicken and transfer to plate with other 2 chicken pieces.
- Add lemon juice, chicken stock, capers, rosemary and thyme and white pepper (if desired); return to heat and bring to a boil, scraping up all brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Taste liquid for seasoning and adjust as desired.
- Return chicken pieces to pan and simmer for 5 minutes; remove chicken to serving platter.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. butter to sauce and whisk vigorously; pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley if desired.