Lime, Soy, and Maple Drizzle for Pork Chops ala ~CHB~
(original recipe in October 2016 edition of Cooking Light)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp. lime juice (fresh, if you’ve got it)
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1½ Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar (a hot one works good)
Dash of crushed red pepper
1 tsp. water
½ tsp. cornstarch
2 pork chops
- Melt butter in small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add lime juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper; stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in small bowl; add to sauce.
- Cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Grill pork chops, basting the chops with some of the sauce.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over chops to serve.