Zucchini Lagsagna ala ~DKBB~
2 medium or 1 large zucchini
2 cups ricotta
½ cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
1 egg, beaten
Handful of chopped chives (fresh or dried)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 jar of red sauce (your choice)
½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Mix ricotta, ½ cup parmesan, egg, chives, salt, and pepper together; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Pour a bit of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Peel zucchini and slice it in very thin slices lengthwise; pat each slice with a paper towel to absorb some of the extra moisture.
- Cover the red sauce in the baking dish with a layer of sliced zucchini, overlapping each piece just a bit.
- Scoop some of the cheese mix on top of the zucchini layer and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Add another light layer of red sauce, then sliced zucchini, then cheese mix; repeat one more time if you have the space.
- Top with a light layer of red sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and garnish each serving with parmesan cheese.