Daikon Radish with Chicken ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from zoukncook)
1 medium daikon radish
4 boneless chicken thighs
½ tsp. chili flakes
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1-2 minced garlic clove (the hotter the garlic, the better)
1 tsp. sesame oil
Chopped green onions (optional)
1 cup chicken stock
1½ Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sake
1½ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. rice vinegar
¼ to ½ tsp. white pepper
- Peel daikon and cut into ½-inch half-moons.
- Cut chicken into ½- to 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan OR wok; add daikon and chicken and sauté over high heat; stir in minced garlic, chili flakes, and white pepper.
- Add in all ingredients for the cooking sauce; cook all over medium heat, constantly skimming off fat (if needed).
- When sauce has nearly evaporated, sprinkle with sesame oil; remove from heat and serve over rice.
- Garnish with green onion, if desired.