Pull-Apart Meatball Sandwiches ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from www.mccormick.com)
1 sm. jar pizza sauce (I prefer Paesana New York’s Classic Pizza Sauce, 8.5 oz)
1 16 oz. pkg. Italian-style meatballs (I prefer Carando Spicy Sicilian)
1 pkg. sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls (or 3 sm. pkgs. for a total of 12 rolls)
6 slices provolone cheese
1 to 1½ cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook meatballs as directed on package; cool a bit then cut each one in half.
- Put pizza sauce in bowl, toss cooked cut meatballs in sauce.
- Remove rolls from packaging but do not separate; cut entire package in half horizontally, leaving bottom half slightly thicker than top half; place bottom half of rolls in baking dish large enough to hold them all.
- Layer provolone cheese over bottom half of rolls; top with meatballs and more sauce; sprinkle mozzarella cheese, then place top half of rolls, cut side down, in top of mozzarella.
- Mix melted butter with seasonings and brush tops of rolls with butter mixture.
- Cover with foil and back 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is all melted.