- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled -OR- 6 Tbsp. of bacon bits (I prefer Hormel Real Bacon Bits - Peppered)
- 1 9 oz. package of cheese tortellini
- 3 crowns (small heads) broccoli, trimmed and cut
- 1 cup raisins or craisins (I prefer craisins)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 small to medium onion, diced (you can use any type of onion, including green onions)
Cook tortellini as directed; drain, rinse with cool water and let cool. Mix all ingredients together in big bowl.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Kraft Olive Oil w/Cracked Pepper Mayo)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (the original recipe called for 2 tsp.)
Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Serve chilled.
I AM a salad person, and Paula's right, this IS wonderful; and the bonus, little ones, is that it's a great way to use the abundance of broccoli in the garden this time of year.