Leek & Bacon Flatbread ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Andrea Albin for the Cooking Channel)
6 slices bacon, chopped*
1 medium leek, white and green parts thinly sliced and rinsed thoroughly
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Olive oil (for greasing)
2 c. grated gruyere cheese (about 4 oz.)
* You can substitute real bacon bits for the chopped bacon as long as you have bacon fat to cook the leeks in.
- Preheat oven to 500° F (or, you can bake this on a gas grill…just get it to a high temperature and keep an eye on it).
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp – about 12 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the leeks in the bacon fat, stirring often, until tender but not browned – about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet; place dough on top and gradually press and stretch to fit the pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the dough, followed by the leeks and the bacon.
- Bake until crust is golden brown (12 to 15 min. in the oven…just keep an eye on it on the grill).
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
Post a Comment