Kale Chips ala ~DKBB~
I love kale and use it in several dishes, but we've discovered that our very favorite way to eat it is as chips. It sounds odd, but it is really good!
If you are lucky enough to have kale growing in your garden, pick it when the leaves are medium sized (the bigger leaves work for this, but the medium and small ones are better).
- Cut stems from leaves, wash well and dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out the kale leaves on it in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale (don't over do it, but don't skimp either).
- Sprinkle kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (until kale is dry, but not burned).
We cook these on the top rack of the gas grill (who wants to heat up the kitchen by running the oven in the summer?!). The first time I made these, my husband was borderline appalled, until he tried them. Now he is a happy convert.
Post a Comment