Eggnog Skickerdoodles ala ~DKBB~
(based on a recipe from J.M. Hirsch)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter
2 c. sugar, divided
¼ c. plain eggnog
1 Tbsp. spiced rum
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, whisk together to flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and 1½ c. of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly drizzle in the eggnog, rum, and vanilla, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add the eggs, then beat until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly (preferably with a spoon, rather than the mixer).
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ c. sugar, the cinnamon, and the ground nutmeg.
- Working with about 1 Tbsp. of dough at a time, roll the dough between your hands to form balls (add a bit of flour if the dough remains too wet/sticky to roll).
- Roll each ball in the sugar mixture to coat evenly, then arrange them on the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between the cookies on all sides.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden but still soft at the center. Transfer to a rack to cool.
I personally am not a huge snickerdoodle fan, but according to my husband, these cookies "totally rock!"