Spaghetti Pie ala ~DKBB~
(based on an original recipe for Spinach-Beef Spaghetti Pie by Carol Hicks from www.tasteofhome.com)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheesed
½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. Italian sausage
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup diced green pepper
1 jar (14 oz.) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. Creole seasoning
¾ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried oregano
8 oz. whipped cream cheese
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook pasta; drain.
- Mix eggs and Parmesan cheese together, then mix in with drained pasta.
- Press pasta into the bottom of a greased deep-dish 10-inch pie dish (or divide into 2 smaller pie plates).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown hamburger, sausage, onion, and green pepper; drain well.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, seasonings, and whipped cream cheese.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Place a layer of the spinach on the cooked spaghetti crust(s).
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
Post a Comment