Yogurt Fruit Soup ala ~DKBB~
- 2 cups Greek or regular vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2 cups fruit juice (if possible, use 1 cup juice of the fruit you are using, and 1 cup orange juice for best results; use 2 cups orange juice in a pinch)
- ½ to 1 cup cream
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ to 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 dashes cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 dashes nutmeg (to taste)
- fresh fruit or berries (whatever is in season: apples, bananas, oranges, plums, pineapple, peaches, dates, etc.)
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, juices, lemon juice, cream, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- If you are using large fruit (like pineapple), cut it into smaller pieces.
- On low speed, blend soup mixture and fresh fruit. You do not want to puree the fruit...you want some chunkies left in the soup.
- Chill for 2 to 4 (or more) hours.
- Add cut (or whole) fruit as garnish on each bowl served (optional)
Post a Comment