Italian Burritos ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Donna Holter in December 2014 Taste of Home)
1 lb. lean ground beef
¼ cup diced green pepper
½ onion, diced
½ to 1 clove garlic, minced
1 small can mushroom stems & pieces,
chopped and divided
2 cups marinara sauce, divided
¼ tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. white pepper
¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
½ to ¾ cup shredded Italian cheese
8 whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large skillet, cook beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat, breaking into small crumbles; drain.
- Stir in 1 cup marinara sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, ½ of the mushrooms, and cheese.
- Spoon filling (⅓ to ½ cup) onto center of each tortilla; fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up; place in baking dish or on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
- While the burritos are baking, combine the remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce with the remaining mushrooms and heat thoroughly. Spoon over burritos to serve.