Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Tommy Lambardo on www.tasteofhome.com)
3 to 4 medium yellow supper squash, sliced (about 5 cups)
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
1 Anaheim pepper, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
¾ to 1 cup salsa
4 green onions, sliced
½ small red onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small sautéing pan, sauté chopped onion, jalapeno, and Anaheim pepper in 1 Tbsp. olive oil under crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, ¾ cup cheese, sautéed onion/peppers, and black beans; sprinkle all with flour and salt; toss well to combine.
- Transfer all to a greased baking dish (13x9 or smaller…whatever size it all fits in best); bake, covered, 30 to 40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Spoon salsa over the top, sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to oven to bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving; top each serving with green and red onions.
Post a Comment