Crispy Jalapeño Beef Taquitos ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from www.carlsbadcravings.com)
1 lb. lean ground beef
½ small onion, chopped
2 to 4 jalapeños, deveined and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. smoked spicy paprika
½ tsp. salt
4 to 6 oz. cream cheese, whipped
½ cup salsa
1 cup shredded (or grated) Pepper Jack cheese
- Cook beef, onions, jalapeños, and onions in large skillet over medium heat until onions are softened and beef is cooked through; add garlic and sauté for 1 minute; drain off excess fat.
- Stir in all the spices/seasonings, followed by the salsa and cream cheese; heat all over medium heat until cream cheese in completely melted and mixed in, stirring often.
- Stir in the Pepper Jack cheese, cooking and stirring until melted and mixed in thoroughly.
- To assemble, add a little less than ¼ cup filling to the bottom third of each tortilla, spreading it out in a long line to about ½ inch from edges of tortilla; tightly roll up tortillas.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat; working in batches, add taquitos and cook until golden brown on all sides, rotating as necessary.
- Serve with salsa, cheese, and/or avocados or guacamole as desired.
Post a Comment