Carrot Cake Pancakes ala ~CHB~
(original recipe by Bobby Flay)
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice*
½ tsp. fine sea salt
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup eggnog
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
½ tsp. vanilla
2 small jars carrot baby food
1 tsp. grated orange zest (optional)
1 Tbsp. grated crystalized ginger or diced candied ginger
* If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Whisk the first five (dry) ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the next 7 ingredients until smooth; fold in ginger; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat griddle to medium heat; brush with butter and continue heating until butter foams.
- Drop ¼ cupfuls of batter onto heated griddle; cook until bubbles start to form and burst (about 2 minutes); flip and cook to set the other side another 1 to 2 minutes.
- As the pancakes are ready, place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and keep them warm in the oven until ready to eat.
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup pure maple syrup
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add maple syrup and whip for 1 minute.
- Warm the topping in the oven (or the microwave).
- Serve pancakes with topping.
Post a Comment