Grilled Stuffed Steak ala ~DKBB~
1½ lbs round or flank steak
1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp. Hungarian paprika
6 thin slices bacon
6 thin slices provolone
Salt and pepper (optional)
- Leaving steak in large one piece, pound it to ¼ inch thickness; salt and pepper both sides of steak if desired.
- Cook bacon to flexible (but not crisp) state; remove from grease and drain on paper towels.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, and paprika and cook in 1 to 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease.
- Cover the steak with the bread crumb mixture, then layer on the bacon strips and the provolone; roll it up tight (lengthwise) and tie it with kitchen string if desired (to help hold it together while you do the following step).
- Cut the roll into 2 to 3 inch widths, skewering each width onto a metal or wooden-soaked skewer (using toothpicks to help hold each roll together as needed); depending upon skewer size, you should be able to get 2 or 3 rolls on each skewer.
- Grill the skewers for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently to be sure every side is cooked.
Serves 2 to 4.
Post a Comment