Potato and Leek Gratin ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Nov. 2016 Cooking Light)
2½ cups milk (whole milk preferred)
3 to 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 Tbsp. butter
1 large leek, trimmed , halved lengthwise, and sliced (about 2 cups)
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
2 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
½ to 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine milk, potatoes, and garlic in large saucepan; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ½ cup of milk mixture.
- Melt butter in large cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add leek, cooking 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally; remove pan from heat; place leeks in separate bowl.
- Arrange half the potato slices in the bottom of the cast-iron skillet; cover evenly with half the leeks; sprinkle with ½ tsp. kosher salt and half of the Gruyere cheese; repeat layers.
- Drizzle all with reserved milk mixture; sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake for 25 minutes to until cheese is melted.
- Remove foil and either leave in oven or place under broiler for 5+ minutes, until top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle all with cracked pepper; cool; cut into wedges and serve.
Post a Comment