Lentil Quiche ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from WONDER79 on allrecipes.com)
1 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup dried yellow lentils
2 cups water
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp. salt
Cracked black pepper to taste
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place olive oil and chopped onion in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; bake for 15 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Place lentils and water in saucepan and bring to a boil; cook for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender; drain most of the water off, leaving a small amount in pan with lentils; place broccoli florets on top of lentils; cover and cook for about 5 minutes. This will dry the lentils and cook the broccoli.
- Transfer the lentils, broccoli, and tomatoes to the pie plate with the onions and stir to evenly distribute; stir in cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices; pour this over the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm when the quiche is jiggled; cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Post a Comment