Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Lemon Basil Crema ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Pronto by Giada, Caesars Palace,
printed in Wine Spectator, July 31, 2008 edition)
|Original image from Wine Spectator|
2 Tbsp. sour cream, brought to room temperature
1 Tbsp. mascarpone brought to room temperature
1 tsp. lemon zest (from 1 small lemon)
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. chopped basil
¼ tsp. kosher salt
12 Medjool dates
2 links hot Italian sausage
6 slices bacon
1 tsp. chopped chives
- Whisk together sour cream, mascarpone, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, and salt; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors marry. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Make a small slit lengthwise down the center of each date and remove the pits.
- Remove the casing from the sausage and discard.
- Cut the bacon slices in half, making 12 smaller pieces.
- Place 1 tsp. of sausage into each opened date; close up each date and wrap each in a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick; place on bacon baking sheet (rack on sided cookie sheet).
- Bake the dates for 8 minutes; remove baking sheet from oven and flip each date over; replace sheet in oven and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Serve warm alongside the lemon basil crema. Garnish with chives.
Post a Comment