Cheesy Garlic Spinach Spaghetti Squash ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from www.peasandcarrots.com)
1 medium spaghetti squash (2 to 3 lbs.)
3 to 5 cloves garlice, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
5 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
Salt (at least ½ tsp.) and pepper to taste
Grated mozzarella cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. For easier cutter, you can put the uncut squash in the microwave to soften it up a bit; pierce the squash a few times and microwave it on high for 3 to 5 minutes; the knife will cut through easier this way.
- Rub a small amount of olive oil on the cut sides of the squash; place the squash cut side down on a rimmed baking (or cookie) sheet; roast for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced by a fork.
- In a medium pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat; add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted; add cream, cream cheese, Parmesan Reggiano cheese, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Once the squash is done and cooled a bit, you can use a fork (or two) to separate and fluff the strands of the spaghetti squash, leaving it in the shells.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti squash boats, working it into the strands a bit; top with the mozzarella cheese and a little bit of the Parmesan Reggiano cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.