Potato Kielbasa Skillet ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from www.tasteofhome.com)
1 lb. small potatoes, sliced thin (about ¼ to ½ inch) or chopped (as above photo)
3 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon or spiced mustard
1½ tsp. fresh thyme, minced -OR- ½ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ c. chopped onion
¼ to ½ c. chopped green pepper
¾ lb. smoked kielbasa, cut into ¼-inch slices
4 c. fresh baby spinach
4 to 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked, and drained
· Place potatoes and water in microwave-safe dish; microwave covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
· Mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper in small bowl.
· In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and green pepper until tender.
· Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned (3 to 5 minutes); stir in brown sugar mixture; bring all to a boil.
· Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in spinach until wilted; stir in bacon.