Kick-It-Right Chili ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe by Vickie Grover of Corvallis, OR)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (15.5 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 small can green chilies
1 cup water
¼ cup tomato paste
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. salt
¼ to ½ tsp. hot sauce
Shredded cheese, sliced scallions, corn chips (all optional)
- Sauté the onion, green pepper, and garlic until tender in the olive oil in a small pan.
- Brown the hamburger in a larger pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the hamburger and sautéed veggies in the bottom of a slow cooker; pour the mixed remaining ingredients on top. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese, scallions, and/or corn chips as garnishes (if desired).
Post a Comment