Bacon & Brown Sugar Arkansas Green Beans ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from thewanderlustkitchen.com)
1 lb. fresh green beans, snapped -OR- 1 lb. frozen cut green beans
4 to 6 slices of bacon, diced
1 to cloves garlic, minced
¼ c. packed brown sugar
¼ c. salted butter, melted
3 to 4 tsp. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place beans in large sauce pan; add enough water to cover beans; bring water to boil; reduce heat and cover; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and place them in a 1 to 2 qt. casserole dish or glass baking pan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add the cut-up bacon and cook until almost crisp (or until as done as you prefer); remove bacon from pan and drain grease from bacon; add bacon to the beans in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and melted butter; drizzle this mixture evenly over the beans and bacon.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then gently stir making sure all the beans are coated with the sauce and continue baking for another 15 minutes.