Herbed Baked Eggs ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Ina Garten)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toasted bread (I prefer homemade or English muffin)
- Preheat broiler (at 450° F) for 5 minutes, placing oven rack 6 inches below broiler.
- Combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and cheese and set aside.
- Carefully crack each egg into a small bowl (do not break the yolks) and set aside.
- Place 2 individual ramekins on a cookie sheet; put 1 Tbsp. cream and ½ Tbsp. butter in each; place under broiler for about 3 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Quickly but carefully, add an egg to each ramekin, sprinkle with the cheese mixture, and salt and pepper; place back under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are almost cooked.
- The eggs will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven; allow them to set for 60 seconds before serving.
- You can leave them in the ramekins and dip your toast into them, or if they are a little too done, you can remove them from the ramekins and place them on the toast.