Sausage & Crescent Roll Casserole ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from by Melody Craft on tasteofhome.com)
½ lb. bulk pork sausage (I prefer maple sausage)
½ tube 8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, 4-cheese Mexican mix, pepperjack…your choice)
1 cup milk
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ to ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Unroll ½ of the crescent roll dough into greased 8x8-inch baking dish, sealing seams and perforations; sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- Roll remaining 4 crescent rolls into crescents and place on lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean; add the 4 crescent rolls to the oven when the timer reaches 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole stand 10 minutes before serving; serve it with the crescent rolls as a side.
Post a Comment