Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, Corn, and Bacon ala ~DKBB~
(original recipe from Git More Pit Boss)
1½ cups cooked bacon, chopped
1½ cups cooked ham, cubed
4 to 5 large potatoes
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1 cup whole kernel corn (if using frozen, thawed)
1 to 2 cups milk
- Turn your pellet grill (we have a Traeger) to smoke mode; let the fire catch and then set at 350° F to preheat.
- Smear 1 Tbsp. softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish (I use an enamel roasting pan).
- Peel and slice potatoes as uniformly as possible; place enough potatoes in the pan to cover the bottom; add some of the bacon, ham, and corn on top of the potatoes, repeating this pattern until you have created three layers, used up all the bacon, ham, and corn, and finished with a layer of potatoes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of butter, cut into small pieces, to top layer of potatoes; add 1 cup of milk and if you feel that is not enough, add more (but be careful as you can wind up with a it of a “soup” issue if you add too much).
- Add salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Place on grill for 1 hour, or until potatoes are cooked through.